Monday, May 26, 2008

Jeannette's Version of Jamaican Jerk


Jeannette's Version of
Jamaican Jerk
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jeannette’s recipe
for Jamaican Jerk

I created this recipe from different files on Jamaican Jerk. The Common ingredients for Jamaican Jerk , Fresh Garlic, Fresh Ginger, Thyme, Cinnamon, Allspice, Bonnet Scotch pepper, and soy sauce. Some recipes used, lime juice, some used Lemon and some used distill vinegar. I also found a couple of them where they used Rum and Beer or both in the recipe.

I came up with recipe and the flavor was awesome, it gave the Ribs, and chicken a smoked flavor to the Meat. I am posting a picture of my ribs. However, I would to show you the chicken. My husband and my children ate it before I could get a photo.

So enjoy the flavor of my Version of Jamaican Jerk.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INGREDIENTS
1/2 (12 ounce) bottle lager style beer
3 fluid ounces dark rum
1/4 cup molasses
1/2+ cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
½ Cup Orange Pineapple Juice
1/4 cup lime juice
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons minced ginger
1 scotch bonnet Chile pepper, minced
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
2 teaspoons chopped fresh marjoram
1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice {Jamaican Allspice can be purchase at Walmart}
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 bay leaves
kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
____________________________________________________________________
Marinate the pork, or chicken for 12 to 24 hours. Grill. Drain the marinate and place in a sauce pot and bring to a boil. Brush the meat while cooking. Keep meat in a low temp oven when ready to serve.

No comments:

Awesome