Known to most Paducah residents as the Cohen Building, this important structure was built around 1865, probably for the firm of M. Livingston & Company. Afterward, it became a clothing store, a dry goods store, and, in 1914, a Paducah City Directory identified the occupants as the R.L Peacher Liquor Dealers and the Rehkopf Distilling Company.
The Cohen Family owned this distinctive corner from around 1921 until 1980, when the last member of the Cohen family, Stella Cohen Peine, died upstairs in her apartment.
Alan Raidt now owns the building and business known as C.C. Cohen Restaurant and Bar which now occupies the entire building. It is an important stop for both locals and tourists in the city.