Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Catholic Wedding of Enrico Caruso to Mrs. Dorothy Park Benjamin Caruso

Enrico Caruso remarries Dorothy Park Benjamin in his faith the Catholic faith. Dorothy was baptised March 8, 1919 and Married March 9, 1919.

The purpose of the Marriage for Ms. Caruso to receive full rites in the Catholic Church.

Their first marriage was performed by the Popular REV Oliver Paul Barnhill of the Collegiate Marbel Church in Manhattan New York: August 20, 1918.

REV Oliver Paul Barnhill--La Grange Oldham County Kentucky Genealogy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldham_County,_Kentucky

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Upon her marriage to Caruso, Dorothy's furious father, the wealthy Park Benjamin Jr., adopted her governess, Anna Bolchi, and left Anna his estate. Anna's lawyer in the estate dispute,who also wrote up the adoption papers, later married her. He was Arthur Fullman, my great uncle.

Jeannettekmr said...

I have work the Genealogy of Caruso and Dorothy. Its going extremely well. Its amazing what I have learned. I purchased the Barnhill Family Bible and the First Name of the Children between James William Barnhill and Julia Jane Mc Williams was Oliver Paul Barnhill. Oliver Paul Barnhill was Presbyterian Preacher. He performed the first cermony Between Enrico to Dorothy. If you would like a copy of my work I would be more then happy to send it to you. You may E-mail me here

jeannetterook@yahoo.com.

Jeannettekmr said...

Also all Five of Park Children were cut from the Will. I have the New York Time Article.

Made in Mitchell South Dakota