Friday, December 11, 2009

city of La Grange Oldham County Kentucky

Conversation with the Mayor of La Grange Oldham County Kentucky


To the Mayor of La Grange Oldham County Kentucky My name is Jeannette K. Rook I have visited your city every summer and I usually stay a week. I do lots of genealogy in that area. Henry, Shelby and Oldham County Kentucky. I work the Davis-Barnhill-Boone Family. Well this past year I have been working on James William Barnhill's children. He is Grandfather was William Barnhill and His Grandmother was Ruth Boone. James William Barnhill had a total of 8 children. One died at birth. I am going you about the first son of James William Barnhill. His name was Dr. REV Oliver Paul Barnhill. He was born in 1878 La Grange Oldham County Kentucky.
He became the most popular and powerful preacher in NY. He is a much bigger celebrity then D.W. Griffith. However, your historical society fell a sleep at the wheel on this one. They truly miss this one. I try to tell them. However, I got transferred to many different areas and I just hung up on them. Dr. REV Oliver Paul Barnhill Performed the wedding ceremony of the last century to the world greatest Opera singer of all times.
http://jeannettestakeonlife.blogspot.com/2009/03/celebrity-marriages-performed-by-oliver.html However, there is more to James William Barnhill's children. I will have a publishing real soon and it will take your little town by storm. Sincerely Jeannette K. Rook 220 Golden POnd Ave OAk Grove, KY 42262

Thank you very much for this information. We are always interested in knowing about the people who have lived here in the past. We would enjoy any other information you can pass on to us. We will also pass this and any other info to the Oldham Country History Center. Thanks again and I really enjoyed your blog Elsie


http://www.lagrangeky.net/talkmayor.asp

No comments:

Awesome